The Mission of the Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Thank you for your in interest The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center. If you have an interest in applying for a position with the Kroc Center, please indicate the specific position in the subject line and forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the steps in receiving consideration for a position?
- All positions are posted externally after an internal search has been conducted. The postings include a brief job summary of the position with the minimum qualifications.
- Only applicants submitting resumes and applying for a specific open position will be given consideration.
- Candidates who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to discuss their experience and share more information regarding the open position.
- If the applicant is not selected for an interview, the applicant will be notified that the position has been filled via email.
- If an applicant has been interviewed and selected for hire, the appropriate parties will take the necessary steps to complete the onboarding process.
- All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Plans, coordinates, monitors, and participates in all phases of bookkeeping functions and financial reporting for the Kroc Center. Ensures that bookkeeping transactions are performed in a timely manner and in compliance with established policies and procedures and verifies the accuracy and integrity of books. Prepares various routine and financial reports and assists with audits. Prepares and processes receipts, deposits and all other Accounts Receivable type duties. Prepares and processes invoices, checks and all other Accounts Payable type duties. Prepares and generates the General Journal entries and ability to research any differences and do correcting journal entries. Ability to perform a variety of routines and various accounting functions.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field or two years progressively responsible experience performing double-entry computerized accounting work , or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
IT Support Specialist
- Demonstrated experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting and problem solving with IT equipment.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience supporting the latest Windows client operating systems and Office suites.
- Experience with Microsoft Server operating systems and client-server software like Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, and hypervisors/virtual machines is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following network terminology is desirable: VLANs, TCP/IP and OSI models
- Ability to clearly communicate highly technical information both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work on multiple projects.
- Ability to support a diverse population in a tactful and efficient manner.
- Must be self-motivated and able to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment in the absence of supervision.
Education and Experience Required:
- Two year degree in Computer ScienceorB.B.A. in Management Information Systems or related degree preferred and two to three years of experience in an information technology support role, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilitiesCertifications
- Valid state driver’s license.
- CompTIA Network+
- Microsoft Server-related certification preferred.
- Cisco CCENT certification preferred.
Member Services Associate
The Membership Services Associate is responsible for creating exceptional customer/member service experiences and for the safe and secure day-to-day operations of the Kroc Center. Responsibilities include selling and/or verifying memberships through POS system, providing information and answering questions about available programs/classes, answering the phone in a courteous manner and directing calls to the appropriate destination, recording accurate and complete messages when necessary. In addition, the Membership Services Associate receives and receipts deliveries and donations, greets and announces visitors and clients, provides general information about The Salvation Army Kroc Center operations and services and performs routine clerical work such as typing and filing.
Membership Services Associate is an hourly position, which may be designed full-time, part-time, or as-needed. Hours may vary.
High school diploma or G.E.D. required or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skill, and abilities. Previous cashier and/or customer service experience helpful; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain poise under pressure; excellent communications and customer service skills.
The Personal Trainer will conduct one-on-one fitness training, group fitness training, and class-sized fitness instruction for clients as assigned by the Fitness Manager. The activities of the members and guests they oversee will take place in all fitness spaces along with any meeting rooms. The Personal Trainer will also be responsible for conducting fitness equipment orientations, fitness assessments, fitness program design, and ensure the safe exercise and equipment operation of all facility members and guests when not currently engaged in a personal training appointment.
Bachelor’s degree in Physical Fitness, Health and Fitness, Exercise and Fitness or other equivalent degree;
One (1) year of experience as a Personal Trainer or Fitness Instructor;
Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Under the direction and supervision of the Lead Life Guard, the person in this position will observe swimmers, protect life, prevent accidents, enforce regulations, and do related work as required. Ensure that the aquatic operations are in compliance with established departmental policies and procedures.
Aquatic Lifeguard is an hourly position, which may be designed part-time, or as-needed. Hours may vary.
Possession of current certificates in American Red Cross First Aid or First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (Title22) or above; CPR for the Professional Rescuer (CPR Pro) and Lifeguard Training required. Equivalent training certificates may be accepted. Applicant must provide proof of certification.
Child Watch Worker
Assist in the planning, development, and overseeing of activities in the Child Care area. Perform any necessary administrative duties. Ensure that the Child Care operations are in compliance with established departmental policies and procedures. Provides child care services for children including personal care, hygiene, learning and development activities and specialized programs; prepares and maintains records; maintains cleanliness and orderliness of child care property.
Child Watch Worker is an hourly position, which may be designed part-time, or as-needed. Hours may vary.
High school diploma or G.E.D. required, and two years’ experience in child development programs in a church or pre-school, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities