A full range of indoor aquatic facilities provide visitors of all ages with opportunities for fun and year-round. A lazy river, water slide and lap lanes mean there's something for everyone.
The Kroc Center offers a range of educational and personal enrichment opportunities including swimming lessons, water aerobics, special water classes for seniors and water safety training.
Natatorium - made possible by The Assisi Foundation of Memphis.
Aquatic Center Hours
Monday-Friday: 5:30 AM - 7:45 PM
Saturday: 7 AM - 6:45 PM
Sunday: 12 NOON - 4:45 PM
The Splash Pad is closed for the season.
The Kroc Center's outdoor splash park is an extremely popular destination for friends to meet up and cool down to escape the Memphis summer heat. The splash park includes several interactive stations that can be used to engage youth in an unique, fun way.
Splash Pad Hours
Monday - Friday: 10am-7pm
REASONS FOR AQUATIC CENTER RULES
Our pool rules are designed to ensure a fun, safe aquatic environment for all swimmers. It is important that the rules are enforced consistently and with courtesy and tact.
Aquatics Center Dress Code
Appropriate swimming attire is required (no street or workout clothes.) All females are required to wear a family friendly swim suit. All Males are to wear swim trunks or triathlon shorts. No cut-offs, gym shorts, or shorts with zippers. No exposed underwear. We reserve the right to ask them to wear a shirt over their swim suit if it is not appropriate or to put on something more appropriate.
Before you come to play, you may want to:
- Participate in swim lessons for all ages & levels
- Sign up for the swim team or Master Swim program
- Join a water fitness class
- Start swimming laps as part of your fitness program
General Pool Safety Guidelines
The rules in this section apply to all areas of the Aquatic Center. Everyone is responsible for enforcing the above and any additional rules which in their judgment will help to maintain a safe environment. Failure to adhere to these and any other rules and policies may result in disciplinary action.
- Children 12 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult in the water, within arm’s reach at all times or have the ability to pass a swim test.
- Camera phones and cameras are prohibited in locker-rooms/family rooms/pool side bathrooms.
- Obvious non-swimmers or children less than 53 inches are strongly encouraged to be in a Coast Guard approved lifejacket.
- A maximum of 3 children for every 1 supervising adult must not be exceeded for children 15 years of age and younger.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or sponsoring member 16 years or older must be present at the same body of water the children are in at all times.
- Children must be at least 3 months old to be in the pool.
- Children 3 months to 3 years of age are required to wear swim diapers and/or tight fitting rubber or plastic pants.
- Appropriate swimming attire is required (no street or workout clothes.) All females are required to wear a family friendly swim suit. All Males are to wear swim trunks or triathlon shorts. No cut-offs, gym shorts, or shorts with zippers. No exposed underwear. We reserve the right to ask them to wear a shirt over their swim suit if it is not appropriate or to put on something more appropriate.
- Inappropriate language or behavior is not allowed.
- State Health Regulations require guests to shower before entering the pools or whirlpool.
- The facility is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Gum, food, glass containers, alcohol, and tobacco products are not permitted in the pool area or locker rooms.
- Guests are required to walk in the aquatics area.
- Outside flotation devices are not allowed unless it is a Coast Guard approved lifejacket.
- The use of swim fins are at the discretion of the Manager.
- Flipping, jumping off backwards, or spinning off the edge of the pool is not permitted. This may result in serious injury to the guest involved and/or bystanders.
- Horseplay is not permitted in or out of the water. This includes dunking, pushing, shoving, arm locks and similar activities.
- Hanging on lane ropes, railings, volleyball net, or basketball rims is not permitted.
- Standing or sitting on the shoulders of the other guests is not permitted.
- Throwing children or other persons is not permitted.
- Lap Lanes are for adult (16+) use only, with the exception of children that are members of a sanctioned swim team.
- Cutting through lap lanes is not permitted.
- Kick boards are provided for use in Lap Lanes and to be used in the correct fashion. Kick boards are not permitted in open swim areas unless being used for Aqua Exercise or Swim Lesson purposes by an adult or for instructional purposes with a parent and child.
- Diving is not permitted.
- Hard plastic toys, footballs, and small toys are not permitted, unless for Kroc Center Sponsored Events.
- During adult swim times, guests must be 18 years of age or older to utilize the specified area. Adult Swim Breaks will be held every two hours on the hour during Open Swim. They may be held more frequently if determined necessary. The length of the break is 15 minutes.
- Lifeguards may stop any activity which may cause a guest injury or conflict.
- If there is lightening or thunder in the immediate area, ALL aquatics facilities will be closed immediately, up to and including the indoor aquatics facility. All guests will be asked to clear the pool deck until the lightning and thunder has left the immediate area.
Water Slide Safety Guidelines
- Riders must be at least 48 inches to ride, and must obey the instructions of the slide attendant.
- Only one rider at a time.
- Flotation devices of any kind are prohibited down the slide.
- Riders must walk up the slide stairs.
- Riders must wait at the top platform until the person in front of them is all the way down the slide or they are dispatched by the slide attendant.
- Riders must go down the slide on their back or bottom, feet first.
- Stopping, standing, and spinning down the slide are strictly prohibited. Diving into/off of kneeling, changing positions, slowing down, stopping, forming chains, or sliding head first is prohibited at all times.
- Riders are not permitted to be caught at the bottom of the slide or to ride in the lap of another rider.
- The slide catch pool and stairs must stay clear at all times.
- Goggles and floatation devices are not permitted down the slide.
- Swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation are not permitted.
- Pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or back trouble should not ride the slide; additionally the weight limit is 300 lbs.
- Watches, jewelry, and other hard items are not allowed down the slide.
- The water slide may be closed at any time at the discretion of the aquatics staff.
Lazy River Safety Guidelines
- Children must be 48 inches or able to pass a swim test to be allowed in the lazy river alone.
- One noodle per guest, one guest per noodle with the exception of parental supervision.
- Children and youths under the age of 16 are required to use a noodle unless at the discretion of the Head Guard or Aquatics Coordinator.
- Noodles must be used in the appropriate fashion.
- Misuse of the noodles is not permitted.
- Jumping into the river with, without, or into another guest and/or noodle is not permitted.
- Horseplay is strictly prohibited in the lazy river.
Lily Pad Safety Guidelines
- Children must be able to pass a swim test to be allowed on the Lily Pad alone.
- Children must go one at time.
- No horse play/roughhousing is allowed on or near the Lily Pad area.
- The guest must start and finish completely before the other guest may go.
- Never use the Lily Pad while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Use the Lily Pad only under lifeguard supervision. Never enter the water or play on the Lily Pad alone.
- Do not swim or play under the large floatable play elements. Do not dive from the large floatable play elements.
- The large floatable play elements are not intended as a flotation device for poor swimmers.
- All large floatable play elements are designed and intended for use by small children, teens, and adults. Weight limits are not to exceed 250 total pounds on any one piece at a time.
- No combs or foreign objects are allowed in pockets and no jewelry can be worn while playing on the children’s play elements or participating in the activity pool area. No cut off jeans, only swim suits allowed.
- Participants must be in good health. Individuals with health related problems such as heart or back conditions should not participate in this activity.
Splash Pad Safety Guidelines
- Children who are three months to 3 years of age must wear swim diapers and/or tight fitting rubber or plastic pants.
- Please do not engage in roughhousing.
- A parent, legal guardian, or sponsoring member 16 years or older must be present and actively supervising their children.
Water shoes or non-slip soles are recommended.
Re-Entering from Outside Splash Pad
The outside Splash Pad will be open at designated times of the year. Guests must shower off before re-entering the indoor pool area. All dirt, creams, lotions and other material which may contaminate the water must be washed off.
Lap Pool General Guidelines
- Guests should not hang onto or climb over the lane lines.
- The diving blocks are not to be used by recreational swimmers. Swim team members must be monitored by a coach when using the diving blocks.
- Lifejackets are not permitted in the Competition Pool.
Lap Swim Guidelines
- The lap lanes are for Lap Swim, Group Water Exercises, Scheduled Recreational Swim, Swim Team, and Swimming Lessons only.
- A circular pattern will be used for lap swimming. Guests should stay on the right side of the lane, swimming in counterclockwise direction.
- Guests that stop between lengths should sit on the side of the pool to avoid congestion.
- Guests should try to keep pace and maintain a reasonable distance between swimmers. Guests continually passing or being passed should consider moving to a different lane.
- When passing, guests should notify the swimmer in front and pass in the middle of the lane. Guests should watch for oncoming swimmers.
- Lanes are designed to accommodate up to 12 guests who are swimming laps in a circular pattern.
- Kick boards and pull buoys are to be used for fitness training or at the discretion of the Lifeguard and be stored in the appropriate storage area when not in use.
- Participants must be 12 years of age or older to use the hot tub. Children under this age should not be allowed in the spa even with an adult.
- Pregnant women, elderly persons, and persons suffering from heart disease, diabetes, or high or low blood pressure should not enter the hot tub without prior medical consultation and permission from their doctor.
- The usage time in the hot tub is limited to 15 minutes. Long exposure may result in nausea, dizziness, or fainting.
- Do not submerge head or face in the hot tub due to extreme water temperatures.
- Do not use the hot tub while under the influence of alcohol, tranquilizers, or other drugs that cause drowsiness or that raise or lower blood pressure.
Specifications on Ages
Infants – 12 years-old: Must be accompanied by a parent approved guardian at least 16 years of age that is within arm’s reach.
12-15 years-old: Must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or sponsoring member 16 years or older must be present at the same body of water the children are in at all times to include the Outdoor Competitive Splash Pad.
16 years-old: Can use the facility independently, can drop-in for Group Water Fitness classes, and supervise approved family members under the age of 16