COVID-19 Response Updates
- Capacity Increase– We have increased the capacity in our three fitness equipment areas to accommodate more visitors while maintaining safe social distancing.
- Group Exercise Capacity– We have increased the capacity in our group exercise spaces. We ask that you still reserve your space in the class ahead of time, but if it is not full you may drop-in.
- Fitness Equipment Reservations– Due to an increase in capacity and to allow for ease and flexibility to your visit, we will be modifying the way you navigate accessing the three Fitness Equipment spaces. Most facility hours we will no longer require you to make an appointment and you may drop in at any time. We will enforce capacity in all areas and continue our hourly cleaning schedule. The only exception will be on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:45am-2pm. During those times we will continue doing reservation only sessions that begin at the top of every hour. This will allow us to accommodate both flexibility and structured times.
Dear Kroc Community,
STAYING SAFE TOGETHER
As we prepare to reopen our wellness center on Monday, May 11, the Kroc Center is adhering to the phase 1 framework and implementing the following safety protocols in an effort to reduce the health risks for members, staff and other visitors to our facility.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
Single Entry/Exit: To help us maintain our safety protocols, we will maintain a single entry/exit point at our location.
Regular Temperature Checks: Both staff and members will receive temperature checks before being allowed to start their work shift or to check into the facility.
PPE for All Staff: All staff will be required to wear masks and other personal protective equipment.
Self-Scan: Members will be asked to self-scan to allow for limited contact entry.
Designed for Social Distance: All open areas inside the Kroc have been evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help ensure social distancing between members. Signage will be placed prominently throughout the facility to drive awareness of this requirement.
HOW WE’RE ASKING MEMBERS TO HELP MAINTAIN SAFETY
The Kroc Center appreciates your support adhering to the following safety precautions during this time:
Stay Home if You’re Sick: Members should stay home if they don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
Be Ready for Temperature Checks: All members will have their temperature taken prior to check in. We will also ask you five health screening questions when you enter the center.
Plan Your Visit: We must adhere to set capacities for 45 minute blocks of time, so make reservations for when you plan to visit the Kroc Center for Fitness or Child Watch.
Refrain from Using the Locker Room: Changing rooms and showers will remain closed at this time. Signage will be posted directing you to the nearest restroom.
Bring a Towel, a Mask and a Water Bottle: Members should plan to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel per each visit. All members will be asked to sanitize their hands before entry at a station provided by the Kroc Center. We also request that members bring a mask and wear it whenever possible, especially in common areas where other members are present.
Keep Your Distance: Cardio/Weight equipment has been rearranged so that members can continue to keep social distancing standards. Equipment should always stay in the designated areas. Respect all signage regarding social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
Expect Reduced Capacity: To ensure proper social distancing, our wellness areas will have a limited capacity of 25%. Active members can sign up for a 45-minute workout block by going to our website and clicking the link to reserve a spot.
Remember to Wipe Down Equipment: Please help us reduce the risk of exposure by wiping down all equipment, weights, mats, etc., with the provided cleaning materials.
HOW WE’RE ASKING MEMBERS TO PLAN THEIR VISIT
To help us adhere to capacity restrictions and plan for proper cleaning of our facility and equipment, you will need to place a reservation for when you plan to use the space. Reservations begin at the top of the hour and last for 45 minutes. After the 45 minutes you will be asked to leave the area so we can clean. You may arrive up to 15 minutes before your scheduled reservation.
If you do not make a reservation, we cannot guarantee there will be space for you.
NOTE: We have moved fitness equipment around to new areas of the building to create more space between pieces of equipment.
Services Offered On-site:
Fitness Area 1– The main fitness floor. Treadmills, Recumbent Bikes, Weight machines, cable machines, Functional Training Equipment
Fitness Area 2– The third floor of the challenge center. Ellipticals, AMTs, Jacobs Ladder, Stair Steppers, Spin Bikes, Rowers, GHDs, Dumbbells, Medicine Balls, Slam Balls, Dumbbells, Bench Press, Functional Training area
Fitness Area 3– The indoor sport court. Free weights (barbells & dumbbells), olympic benches, squat racks, mats, functional training area, Rowers, Spin Bikes, Performance treadmills, bench press, squat racks
Child Watch Express– 45 minute classes of Squeaky Sneakers, Kid Fit, Story Time, or Arts & Crafts. For ages 4-12 only.
Lobby Workspace or Lounge Seating
Sunday Worship Services
Online Group Exercise Classes– Streaming free from our Facebook Page.
If you opted in to reactivate your membership you can receive at home weight equipment until we are reopened to full capacity.
Online Personal Training
Questions? Call 901-729-8007 or email at email@example.com
If You Would Like to Contribute
Be Part of the Solution
- We are doing our part to help contain spreading of the virus by closing member operations and allowing administrative staff to work from home.
- While our facility is closed, we are in discussions with several agencies that may be able to utilize our building and/or grounds to offer resources to those in need within our community.
Continue to Serve
- We are committed to continuing to serve you through our social media and online platforms. We will continue to offer fitness classes, worship services and are in the process of developing additional resources that we can offer you and your families. We will continue to communicate the scheduling of those offerings as they become available.
- Our Kroc Church has the opportunity to serve meals to the homeless through our Canteen Ministry.
- We are sharing more staff and resources with our Purdue Center of Hope, which is a long-term residence of rehabilitation and restoration for homeless women and children in Memphis.
Support Staff & Remain Prepared for Reopening
- We have an interim compensation plan for all our staff and are doing our best to pay as many of them for as long as possible.
- We are committed to reopening our doors as soon as local government and CDC guidance allows for increased congregating.
How You Can Help
For those that wish to donate, you may do so here.
In light of the national developments and rapidly changing conditions regarding the spread of COVID-19 (commonly referred to as coronavirus), the Kroc Center of Memphis has temporarily suspended all public programming and operations effective immediately. As risks have increased regarding community spread of COVID-19 across Memphis and the Mid-South, we have considered all options and have ultimately decided to follow CDC guidelines to limit public exposures. As such, all activity, with the exception of Spring Break camp, will be suspended in our building effective Monday, March 16. Spring Break Camp will be held March 16-17 only.
The Kroc Center is home to many special events throughout the year—from concerts, to sports competitions, to class opportunities. View our upcoming classes and programs below.
There’s always something to do!
The Kroc Center offers a variety of daily and weekly classes. Click through our Program Guides to learn more.
Check out the Fitness Program Guide for FREE PASS SATURDAYS & FITNESS LAUNCH dates – these are even open to the public! We are open our normal operating hours, unless otherwise posted. For HOLIDAY CLOSURES, please view the Membership Program Guide. And for up-to-date text alerts regarding cancellations, closures, or changes, text NEWS to 51555.
You can also follow us on social media @krocmemphis, and register for our newsletter at the bottom of our website.